For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, Carbolic Smoke Ball Company 2018 Limited (we or us) is the data controller (i.e. the company who is responsible for, and controls the processing of, your personal data).
Personal data we may collect about you
We will obtain personal data about you (such as your name, address, credit or debit card and payment details) whenever you complete an online order form.
How we use your personal data
We will use your personal data for the purposes described in the data protection notice that was given to you at the time your data were obtained. These purposes include:
• to help us identify you and any orders you place with us;
• customer profiling and analysing your purchasing preferences;
• marketing - see Marketing and opting out below;
• fraud prevention and detection;
• billing and order fulfilment;
• customising this website and its content to your particular preferences;
• to notify you of any changes to this website or to our services which may affect you;
• improving our services.
Marketing and opting out
Unless you have asked us not to do so, we may contact you by mail, telephone or email about products, services, promotions, or special offers which may be of interest to you. If you prefer not to receive any direct marketing communications from us, you can opt out at any time. See further Your rights below.
Disclosure of your personal data
We may disclose your personal data to our suppliers, agents and service providers.
Keeping your data secure
We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your personal data.
Whilst we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal data, you acknowledge that the use of the internet is not entirely secure and for this reason we cannot guarantee the security or integrity of any personal data which are transferred from you or to you via the internet.
• keep track of the items stored in your shopping basket and take you through the checkout process;
• recognise you whenever you visit this website (this speeds up your access to the site as you do not have to log on each time);
• obtain information about your preferences, online movements and use of the internet;
• carry out research and statistical analysis to help improve our content, products and services and to help us better understand our visitor/customer requirements and interests;
• target our marketing and advertising campaigns and those of our partners more effectively.
How to turn off cookies
If you do not want to accept cookies, you can change your browser settings so that cookies are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some of the functionality of this website. For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
You have the right, subject to the payment of a small fee (currently £10) to request access to personal data which we may process about you. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
• put your request in writing;
• include proof of your identity and address (e.g. a copy of your driving licence or passport, and a recent utility or credit card bill);
• attach a cheque in the amount of £10 made payable to Carbolic Smoke Ball Company 2018 Limited;
• specify the personal data you want access to, including any account or reference numbers where applicable.
You have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your data free of charge. If you wish to exercise this right you should:
• put your request in writing;
• provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details);
• specify the information that is incorrect and what it should be replaced with.
You also have the right to ask us to stop processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes If you wish to exercise this right you should:
• put your request in writing: an email sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with a header that says "Unsubscribe" is acceptable;
• provide us with enough information to identify you (e.g. account number, username, registration details).
Our contact details
We welcome your feedback and questions. If you wish to contact us, please send an email to email@example.com or call us on 07835 744876.